The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm Blog

Home  ‑  The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm Blog  ‑  3 signs you need a medical malpractice lawyer


3 signs you need a medical malpractice lawyer

Medical MalpracticeNews   March 23, 2018

Your health care providers are often trustworthy and comforting. Having a doctor by your side through a troubling diagnosis or getting helpful information from a kind pharmacist when you start a new medication can be life-changing. The health care professionals in your life should always do what they can to ensure you are healthy.

Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Sometimes, physicians, nurses and pharmacists are negligent and may cause you serious harm. Here are some signs you are a victim of health care negligence and important facts about medical malpractice.

1. You get the wrong medication

One of the most common forms of medical malpractice is medication errors. If you take the wrong drugs, you may suffer an injury or illness. Do not assume the wrong dosage or prescription is an honest mistake. You may be able to file a lawsuit due to the negligent actions of your pharmacist or physician.

2. Your operation goes wrong

If you go into surgery, you may feel anxious, but you generally trust that the surgeon will do a good job. However, sometimes surgeons perform operations incorrectly or unsafely. You may have a case against a negligent surgeon if he or she performed on the wrong area or left objects in your body.

3. Your treatment is not successful

If you get a diagnosis and follow the treatment accordingly, you hope it will help. However, if nothing is getting better, this may be a sign you got a misdiagnosis. Sometimes doctors misdiagnose conditions and this results in the condition getting worse and causing you significant harm.

When you are the victim of improper prescriptions, surgical negligence or misdiagnosis, it may cause you severe pain and even death. If a health care professional does not adhere to the proper standard of care, you deserve compensation for your suffering. Talk to an attorney about your legal options.